The Pomodoro Technique is as old as the rest of the productivity movement put together. It's simple. You set a timer for at least 20 mins, remove all distractions and work through a set body of work until the signal.
Sounds TOO simple? Try it. You'll be amazing how often your concentration snaps... but remain strong and push on, since after the buzzer you get to do anything you like for 5 minutes before circling back to work.
10 Reasons why we love working in timed bursts...
- You'll overcome distractions. It's only 20 minutes right?
- You can plan your day effectively and understand what exactly what level work is possible
- You get to do ANYTHING for 5 minutes at the end of each burst. Let's play!
- You can pick you favourite songs or even an album as the timer
- You'll maintain greater focus and clarity throughout the day
- It helps break down bigger projects into transparent chunks
- You can factor in small episodes of exercise or a passion project on your "off-cycle"
- It thrives on the work / reward dynamic proven to be successful
- You'll spend less time on social media and terrible webpages
- Momentum fuels progress. It's a positive loop. By getting more done you will get even more done...
Trigg is a paper productivity companion that will propel you faster and more effectively towards your real goals in life.
Click on the image below to check out our campaign.